Creating a Movement for Change: Transforming Construction Network Plus
The Transforming Construction Network Plus (N+) is hosting its 2019 Annual Conference, ‘Creating a Movement for Change’, on Thursday 19 September at the Royal Society in London. This one-day conference seeks to stimulate new perspectives, new ideas and new projects which will contribute to the transformation of the UK construction sector. The conference will start at 9.00am and finish at 4.45pm, followed by a drinks reception and networking.
More information about the event and how to register is available here.
The N+ conference will feature renowned speakers from the UK and beyond – some advocating for new thoughts on the way we should build, some suggesting alternative routes and unique opportunities, and some showcasing incredibly promising new projects.
The first confirmed speakers are:
- Sam Stacey, Challenge Director, Transforming Construction Challenge
- Prof David Gann CBE, Professor of Innovation, Imperial College London
- Dr Anne Kemp OBE, Chair, UK BIM Alliance, and Director, Atkins
- Judit Kimpian, Chair, Sustainability Group at Architects’ Council of Europe
- Prof Tim Vorley, Co-Director, Productivity Insights Network
- Dr Daniel M. Hall, Associate Professor, ETH Zurich
- Mike Eggers, VP, Product & Innovation, Project Frog
- David Adams, Technical Director, Melius Homes
- John Pelton MBE, Programme Strategy Director, Palace of Westminster
The event will bring together industry and academic delegates from the construction, manufacturing, energy, social sciences and digital sectors. The N+ will also present for the first time the projects funded to support and contribute to the Transforming Construction Challenge and address some of the biggest obstacles currently facing the construction industry.